Monday, May 3, 2010

MMK Programming now has a website!



Hey everyone! I'm making a blog to let you all know a little about the company and the apps that we are working on. First off, MMK Programming is NOT a company, it is just me. I've been taking what I am learning in my computer engineering classes at Oakland University, Michigan, and making games that I know I will enjoy and I hope all who download them can enjoy too.

So far, I posted a game titled "Goonchie Blunch" that had a bad interface with square buttons, and when you pressed the buttons drum sounds were produced. Once I had more time to work on it, I juiced up the visuals, making it look like an actual drumset with a drummer hitting the different drums. I removed "Goonchie Blunch" from the market, mostly due to the odd name I came up with, and named the new one "Matt's Drum Game." I didn't add any new functionality until I started messing around with the touch input. Now I can track when and where the user presses the screen. This led me to add some cool features, such as rapid hitting and even multi-touch on resistive screens, which are the older ones that usually come with a stylus (a little plastic pen). Once again I felt the name of the app was detracting from its raw brilliance, so I renamed this version "Touch Drummer" and put a demo on the market.

Currently, both "Matt's Drum Game" (with regular buttons and no multi-touch) and "Touch Drummer - Demo" (with enhanced touch recognition and multi-touch for resistive screens) are available on the market, both from MMK Programming. The more comments I receive, the more I add to the apps. It's really quite thrilling for me.

To end up this first post, I'm creating this blog so I can have a website linked to my apps where users can send me longer comments and thoughts on my games. That's where you come in. Play the games, find bugs or annoyances in them, and send me a message. Thanks to everyone who is rocking out the drums on their Android phones or devices!

No comments:

Post a Comment